Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Worse Meal Possible

Last evening I surprised my family with the worse meal possible. Baked Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread Dressing, Gravy and Green Beans. When I was putting that menu on paper and in my head it seemed a done deal. No way that someone who has been cooking for as long as I have could ruin it, but I did.
If lemon goes with chicken why doesn't lime? Same citrus family, pretty green and smells so good but on my chicken breasts it turned bitter and uneatable. I made the dressing just as the package said, but it was so dry, we thought we were eating sand. The mashed potatoes was good, not great but good,,,yippie, something was good and the green beans,,,aaa, where were the green beans?? Could it be, that maybe I forgot them,,,oh yes, still in the freezer, waiting my special touch.
So you see, even a cook with years of experience can have an off night. Do not think so badly of yourself is things do not come out right every time. That's why they have practice time in NASCAR and we have try, try again in life.
For more recipes and cooking tips look on my website http://www.hassieskitchentable.com/

Have a great day, and keep trying!
Faylee

No comments:

Post a Comment