Monday, September 7, 2009

Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I love it so much I named my youngest daughter after it. It was a given, she was born on Sept. 22 and to prove she wanted to be Autumn she jumped out almost 6 weeks early. She has been my wild child ever since. There were times I didn't know if either of us were going to survive but today she is the her, she was meant to be. She has 4 beautiful children and is a teacher. She is a delight and a good friend to know and have as a daughter. Finding the right recipe to mix together and bring her life to where it is today took a lot of time and effort from the people who love her but mostly her. In other words, she baked up quiet nicely....lol.

Fall brings new things to the table, that summer doesn't have, like pumpkin pies....yummy for the tummy.

It is also a reminder it's time to get ready for next year's garden. Are you cleaning your garden as your old plants are coming out? Are you planting something for a winter cover? Are you doing my favorite, planting some fall crops, such as turnips or Cale?

We need to treat our garden spot as nice as we want to be treated. Give it a little love now and it will love you back in the spring with better produce. If you do not have a plan, please make one now. Visit your gardening stores, your county extension agents, check your phone book for ideas on places to go.

Then keep me in mind for the over flow of eatables.

Faylee

No comments:

Post a Comment