Thursday, July 14, 2011

Building a Stock Pile

I know most of us have seen the Extreme Coupon show on our local cable stations and wonder how can I do that?

Unless you have a need for 30 tubes of toothpaste or 40 cans of cat food, to me this is a waste of good coupons and money. I understand that some of these people give their overstock to churches and other charities and I have nothing against that, but for most of these familes, the marjority of those items will run out of date before they ever have a chance to use them.

I keep a stockpile of food items in my pantry or under my bed but it's only for what fits my needs. I try keeping 4-6 weeks of extra items on hand. When I come across a good deal, I buy a couple extra and put it in my stockpile. I do this not only for food item but paper and cleaning supplies. Remember to rotate the food items so you do not end up with spoiled goods.

Keeping an open mind and eagel eye on your list of needs will allow you to keep within your budget and come home a winner with or without coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment