Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Extreme Coupon Shopper

You do not have to be an extreme coupon shopper to save money on your food budget. I spend about an hour a week looking through the newspapers for coupons and maybe another hour a week searching online. The clipping process may take another hour but I do it while I'm watching my favorite soap, so no time spent there.

I look for coupons of items I already use and know to be something I like. This goes, not only for food items but personal use too. Today I am putting my shopping list together and with the coupons I am looking to save about $19.00 on the items on my shopping list.

That $19.00 will either be spent on other food items, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, that I do not have coupons for or placed in my savings jar for later use. Placing your saving where you can see them, will give you the will power to save even more. If at the end of the month there is money left in your savings jar, use it for a treat for the whole family to enjoy.

Saving $19.00 every two weeks using coupons, adds up to a yearly savings of $456.00. Enough for a week-end away or holiday gifts for the family.

While you may never get to buy 30 tubes of toothpaste or cans of chicken noodle soup, then give it to charity, you can feed and take care of your family better, using coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment