Monday, July 18, 2011

We are coming into my third most favorite time of the year..Back to School and End of Summer Sales. No, I do not have children going back to school, as mine are all grown but it is one of my favorite times for savings on hundreds of things I use through out the year.

I buy 95% of my office needs for the year. Not only the spiral notebooks, that you can get at an unheard of price, maybe as low as 10 cents for an 80 page note book. I buy pencils, pen, typing paper, printer paper and anything I think I might need for my computer for the next year.

It's an ideal time to buy microwaves, student furniture, lamps, electronics and televisions.

You can find lots of specials on everything from towels, sheets and comforters. If you have been thinking about putting a small refrigerator in the family room, now is the time to do it. Over the next 4 to 6 weeks there will be great buys on anything it will take to set up a dorm room for a freshman.

Take advantage of these savings. If you can't buy a year's worth, buy what you can afford. Even a three months supply of goods, can make a difference in your bottom line.

If you buy holiday gifts for children or teens, it's also an excellent time to place electronic games, movies and other entertainment item on layaway for later use.

Retailers use Back To School sales as a way to measure their sales
for the coming fall and winter season. It's the second most important selling season for them, beat only by the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment